It’s National Talk Like A Pirate Day!
Arrr, it be true 'ya scallywags and Pirate wannabees, today be yer day!
Avast maties, today be "Talk Like A Pirate Day" so, here a couple of examples ... in english and spanish ... to help you brush up on your Pirate-ese:
- Avast = "Heads Up", "Look Out", "Trucha"
- Arrr = Pretty much anything: "I agree", "That's cool", "Hey man", "Hey Guey", etc...
- Beauty/Me Beauty = "Hottie", "Pretty Lady", "Mamacita"
- Smartly = "Right now", "Quickly", "Andele"
If you want to impress 'yer beauty, here are a couple of cool pirate pickup lines from talklikeapirate.com:
- Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
- I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
- Prepare to be boarded!
- Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
You get the idea. If you'd like the whole backstory on how this day came to be in the first place, click here. If you REALLLLLY want to get your pirate thing down, watch the video below.