How To Properly Give Flowers For Valentine’s Day
If you are the kind of guy who is going to give flowers for Valentine’s Day, make sure you go over these quick tips about how to do it properly, thanks to GQ.
- Don’t wait until the last minute – This one should be relatively obvious, but if you don’t want to get stuck with the crap flowers, don’t want until the last minute.
- Ask for help – Unless you really know your flowers, don’t be afraid to ask for help as the store. My aunt actually owned a flower shop and she would tell stories about when they would try to help a guy with Valentine’s flowers, and how they could always tell who was going to be “getting some”.
- Avoid bright colors – Darker, more natural colors are considered more romantic.
- Don’t just buy roses – It’s the cliche flower to go with, which isn’t bad. But choosing something other than roses can show more thought went into it.
- Present them in a nice way – Don’t just leave them on the counter or kitchen table wrapped in plastic. At least put them in a damn vase for crying out loud.