Heads Up Borderland, The Time Change Is This Weekend
It's time for the first of our two annual time changes, don't forget to adjust your clocks early Sunday morning!
Here are a few interesting things about the time change that you may not know:
- This year marks the 100th anniversary of the time flip.
- Not all 50 states acknowledge the time change. Hawaii and Arizona ignore it.
- There is a specific way to write and spell "daylight saving time."
- 26 states want daylight saving time to be a year-round thing.
- For quite a while, Juarez ignored the time change. They finally jumped on board because of the huge amount of business and trade between them and us.
- Juarez doesn't change when we do though. Our change is Sunday morning at 2am, they switch in April.
- Fire Departments and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommend using the time change dates to make sure your smoke detectors are working properly and to look for vehicle recall notices.
If you're bored enough to want to read more daylight saving time facts, click here.