HBD Disneyland! Here Are Some Random Facts About the Happiest Place on Earth
Disneyland turns 62 years old today. Here are some random facts about the happiest place on Earth.
- Walt Disney originally thought about putting the theme park in his seven acre lot in Burbank. It would have been called Walt Disney's America.
- The nickname for opening day is "Black Sunday" because so much went wrong.
- The first ticket sold to the park was purchased by Walt's brother, Roy. It sold it's one millionth ticket just a couple months later.
- The first year's attendance was about 3.6 million people. Now it serves just over 16 million people annually.
- Pirates of the Caribbean has had the most riders of any ride on the planet.
- You'll find the Disney cast members smiling every in the park, since it's required. Well, except one place. The Haunted Mansion has cast members that are told NOT to smile.
- The entire park cost $17,000,000 to build. The first ride that cost more than that was Space Mountain, which cost $20,000,000.