El Paso VA Hospital Gets Super Low Rating
On top of the low score, the El Paso Veterans Hospital was ranked as "in decline".
An annual Department of Veterans Affairs survey has given El Paso's VA Hospital a score of 1, out of a possible 5. Not only did the El Paso's hospital go two years in a row earning the lowest possible score, it was also ranked as "declining". Going ... basically ... from bad to worse.
According to Stripes.com:
The VA regularly scores 146 of its medical centers based on dozens of quality factors, including death and infection rates, instances of avoidable complications and wait times. The agency uses a five-star scale with one being the worst and five being the best.
Here are the scores and rankings of a few other, nearby VA Hospitals:
- Amarillo: Score 3/Rank - "Greatly Improved"
- Big Springs: Score 2/Rank - "Greatly Improved"
- San Antonio: Score 3/Rank - "Improved"
- Albuquerque: Score 1/Rank - "Improved".
- Tucson: Score 2/Rank - "Improved".
- Phoenix: Score 1/Rank - "Greatly Improved"