Fireworks over the Lake, Swimming Highlight Ascarate Park 4th of July Celebration
Fireworks will thunder and boom over Ascarate Lake this 4th of July for the first time in over a decade.
El Paso County officials made the decision to host the celebration after a change in scheduling resulted in the annual Music Under the Stars fireworks show not being held at the Chamizal this year. The move means El Pasoans in and around the Lower Valley can celebrate the birth of this great nation of ours with fireworks at Ascarate Park for the first time since 2005.
According to Veronica Myers, Parks and Recreation Director for the County, the County will be using the same company that's been putting on the fireworks shows at the Chamizal all these years.
"4th of July at Ascarate Park" will include food trucks, poptriotic music from hometown favorites Grüv Crew, and classic summer activities such as potato sack races and a water balloon toss. Additionally, Ascarate Pool will have extended hours with a special evening swim session beginning at 6 p.m.
The celebration will culminate with an aerial firework display over the lake that will have you oohing and awing as you watch the sky light up and the glow of the ramparts red glare reflected on the lake surface.
What to Know Before You Go
• Park will open at 5:30 a.m.
• Festivities will begin at 3 p.m. on the east side of the lake, and will include live music and activities
• Groove Kru will perform 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• The fireworks display will take place on the west side of the lake at 9:30 pm
• $5 per vehicle
• No charge for walk-ins
Ascarate Pool Hours
• 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Evening swim 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• GA $3, 17 under $2, Military, Vets, First Responders $2
• Evening swim, $1 everyone
Shelters available on first come first served basis, but if you want to guarantee yourself one you can rent it in advance. Fees start at $50 for the day and can be reserved by calling 915-771-2380
• Ascarate Park is an alcohol and tobacco free facility.