A Holiday Treat That Will Keep You Warm Inside
Cupcakes are great, Jack Daniels cupcakes ROCK!!
With the holidays just around the corner and the weather getting a little more nipply, I have found a great way to spice up you boring cupcakes. These would make great gifts to give your neighbors, friends, postman/woman and even your favorite Rock D.J.
The cool thing is you use only 1/2 cup of Jack Daniels so you have all the rest of the bottle to enjoy while your baking.
I hope everyone truly has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Now, get to cookin and don't forget to share!!!
Chocolate J.D. Cupcakes
- 2 Cups (10 ounces) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (3.75 ounces) coco powder
- 2 cups (14.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup super strong coffee
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl (I use a 4 or 8 cup measuring vessel) combine the eggs, coffee, whiskey, buttermilk and oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared cupcake cups…(I use 4 ounce souffle cups also known as nut and portion cups) I only fill half full and they come right up to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven about 18-20 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool completely.