7 Useless Facts About Texas to Annoy Your Friends and Coworkers With
Just in case you were one of those that slept through history class – the state of Texas possess a cornucopia of unique culture blended with a substantial contribution to American history, making it one of the most beautiful and influential states in the nation – regardless of the brutal summers!
Without Texas, there would be no Dell computers, no Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleaders, and we’d all be drinking something besides Dr Pepper. So in the spirit of useless knowledge, we have assembled a small list of fun facts about Texas for you to annoy your friends and coworkers with.
Here’s to starting the day off a little wiser and with fewer friends.
- Texas is responsible for producing more wool than any other state in the United States.
- Texas was an independent nation between 1836 and 1845.
- Near Fulton, Texas lives the oldest tree in the state – 1,500 years old.
- Dr Pepper was concocted in Waco in 1885. Putting a period after the DR in Dr Pepper is considered incorrect.
- The name Texas was derived from the Hasinai Indian – meaning friends and allies.
- Texas was the first state in the nation to open a domed stadium.
- El Paso is actually closer to Needles, California than it is to Dallas.